Me in a Moment: Future CPA Video Contest I CAN’T WAIT TO BE A CPA! BUT WHEN I’M NOT STUDYING, YOU CAN FIND ME….
Congratulations - you’re on your way to becoming a CPA! While you probably spend a lot of your time in accounting classes, cramming for exams and preparing for your future career, you’re also so much more than just an accounting student. Being well-rounded is one of the reasons that you will excel as a CPA. Whether you have a passion for politics, enjoy traveling the world or volunteer regularly at a local charity, we want to know what makes you YOU!
Send us a 30-second video* telling us what you do in your spare time, when you’re not studying accounting. We will post the top videos to our Ohio Young CPA Facebook page
, where you will have the opportunity to get some face time with OSCPA leaders, potential employers and future CPA colleagues!
3 winners will receive a free CPA Exam Review Course (A $3315 VALUE!) and $50 VISA gift card!
Keep in mind that you will be judged on: 1) Amount of ‘Likes’ your video receives 2) Creativity 3) Originality.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
I CAN’T WAIT TO BE A CPA! BUT WHEN I’M NOT STUDYING, I AM…
- A musician
- An animal lover
- An athlete
- A super fan
- A volunteer
- A world traveler
- A ROTC student
- A missionary
- A sorority/fraternity member
- A cyclist
- A political Junkie
- A social media fiend
- A drama queen
- An environmentalist
- A fashionista – (I have 20 paired of colored jeans..)
- A library hermit
- A theme party planner
- A part-time employee
How OSCPA will promote your video
- Email message campaign detailing contest, guidelines, submission date
- On Facebook
- YCPA/Student Newsletter
- OSCPA student and emerging professional members (future CPAs).
- Videos must be no longer than 30 seconds.
- Videos must be submitted to Becky Hixen at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 1. (Facebook contest will run May 1–15.)
- Videos will be posted on the Ohio Young CPA Facebook page after approved.
- Videos will be judged on: 1) Amount of ‘Likes’ 2) Creativity 3) Originality.
Videos will be used to help debunk accounting stereotypes and show the world that there is so much more to accounting than just pocket protectors and calculators. Help educate others and reveal the true face of CPAs by submitting a video!
*Submission of videos constitutes an agreement to allow OSCPA to use videos on the Society’s website and in future online promotional materials for The Ohio Society of CPAs.