Firms seeking advice on how to use cloud computing can turn to the AICPA’s news book, “10 Steps to a Digital Practice in the Cloud: New Levels of CPA Firm Workflow Efficiency.”
This how-to guide describes the 10 steps for getting a digital practice up and running:
- Get the right technology infrastructure to leverage the cloud.
- Provision enough Internet bandwidth, both wired and wireless, to operate effectively.
- Select the right mix of desktops, laptops, mobile devices and software—what the authors call a “CPA technology toolkit” —to function in a productive, cost-effective way.
- Install the right scanning systems to aid the shift to a paperless office.
- Deploy a document management system to maximize efficiency with digital records.
- Use trial balance working paper software, if the firm performs many of these engagements.
- Transform the firm’s Web site into a full-fledged client portal.
- Maximize productivity with workflow software.
- Offer clients cloud-based accounting systems.
- Have the right plan and tools in place to ensure data security and speedy disaster recovery.
For more information or to order, visit CPA2Biz.com