GASB has published What You Should Know about Your Local Government’s Finances: A Guide to Financial Statements, 2nd edition
, a comprehensive primer on local government annual reports for taxpayers, elected representatives and others who need information about cities, counties, towns and villages.
The guide is the first in an expanded, fully revised and updated series to be published this year. iT includes major new reporting requirements issued since the publication of the original guide in 2000, in areas that include retiree health insurance and fund balance. It includes:
What You Should Know about Your Local Government’s Finances, 2nd edition
- Annotated examples of more than 50 government financial statements, notes, and schedules.
- A storyline designed to help the reader understand the concepts.
- An introduction to basic financial ratios used to analyze government finances.
- Helpful boxes and sidebars further exploring issues raised in the text.
- An overview of governmental accounting and financial reporting.
- An exhaustive glossary of terms.
, is available for purchase on the GASB website