Scholarships available for Ohio accounting majors Apply today!
The Ohio CPA Foundation is accepting applications for the College Scholarship Program. Interested students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Attending an NCA and/or AACSB accredited college or university in Ohio
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program as part of a plan to obtain the 150 semester hours required for the CPA exam
- 3.0 GPA or better (overall or in accounting)
- Completion of at least 30 semester hours of college credit
- Student affiliate member of The Ohio Society of CPAs (Membership for college students is free. Click here to apply.)
All scholarships are awarded on merit and are available in three categories:
- Two-Year Awards: For students enrolled in community colleges or two-year institutions
- Four-Year Awards: For students enrolled in four-year institutions
- Diversity Awards: For students from underrepresented ethnic, racial or cultural groups
The scholarship awards are $2,000. The application process is easy! Submit a completed application with
- An essay addressing this topic: Who or what inspired you to major in accounting and what are your future career plans? (See below for essay guidelines)
- Official academic transcripts
- Your resume
Application materials must be submitted on or before Friday, Nov. 15, 2013 (postmark deadline)
to be eligible for consideration. Essay guidelines
Essay must be typed and should be no more than two-pages, double spaced, using 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font. Please do not staple your essay. Make sure your first and last name is on each page.
Questions about the scholarship program can be directed to Karen West at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipients' college or university next summer. You must be enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program in fall 2014 in order to be eligible for an award.