College Scholarship Program
The Ohio CPA Foundation’s College Scholarship Program awards Ohio’s accounting majors who plan to become CPAs. Applications are accepted annually from September through mid-November. Scholarships are awarded the following summer for fall tuition and fees.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Attending an NCA and/or AACSB accredited college or university in Ohio
- U.S. citizen and Ohio resident
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program as part of a plan to obtain the 150 semester hours required for the CPA exam
- 3.0 GPA or better
- Completion of at least 30 semester hours of college credit
- Student affiliate member of The Ohio Society of CPAs
Scholarships are awarded on merit and are available in three categories:
- Two-Year Awards: For students enrolled in community colleges or two-year institutions
- Four-Year Awards: For students enrolled in four-year institutions
- Diversity Awards: For students from underrepresented ethnic, racial or cultural groups
All scholarships are one-time awards of $2,000. Awards are non-renewable; however, recipients may apply for consideration in subsequent years if they continue to meet eligibility requirements.
The application and guidelines for the 2014-15 College Scholarship Program will be available on this page in September.
Additional scholarship opportunities for accounting majors are available from the American Institute of CPAs. Visit This Way to CPA
for more information.