OSCPA’s Volunteer Community
When you volunteer, you make an investment in yourself.
Volunteers advance their careers, expand their networks and represent the profession when you make the simple decision to volunteer with The Ohio Society of CPAs. At the same time, volunteers make a dramatic difference in the profession and in the community.
Here’s a quick look at what OSCPA’s volunteers have accomplished this year:
- Operation CPA: 70+ volunteers completed income tax returns for deployed military
- CPA Day of Service: 100 volunteers worked at charitable agencies around the state to stock food pantries, deliver meals, plant gardens and man games for children with special needs
- Testified at the Statehouse in support of municipal tax uniformity
- Responded to exposure drafts from FASB and the AICPA
- Fielded calls on a variety of subjects during tax call-in shows in Cincinnati, Columbus and Akron
“As a volunteer, I found that I can be a voice for other people in similar practices – and I can help them figure out how to implement the standards that affect them every day.” Glenn Roberts, CPA, Hoover & Roberts
The Ohio Society of CPAs and The Ohio CPA Foundation are currently accepting applications for their 2013-14 committees, councils and task forces. Deadline to volunteer is Jan. 31, 2014.
Find the right fit for you
If you’re looking for the right volunteer opportunity that lets you give back to your profession and community just the way you want, OSCPA has it. Here’s a sample of our most popular opportunities to get involved. Log in for targeted recommendations!
“It’s great to be a part of something bigger than myself. Even though you are giving so much of yourself, you are also receiving a lot in return. Talk about your return on investment.”
Jessie C. Wright, CPA, CGMA, Schroedel, Scullin & Bestic